- Automatic Collection: Cedar Farms uses common Internet technologies such as cookies and Web beacons to keep track of users’ interactions with www.cedarfarms.com, Products and Services and to improve the quality of its service. Cedar Farms may also collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address to track and aggregate non-personally identifiable information, your referring website addresses, browser type, domain name and access times.
- Cookie: When you visit www.cedarfarms.com, Cedar Farms’ website servers send a cookie (a small file with a string of characters) to your computer. Standing alone, cookies do not personally identify you but would recognize your web browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself to Cedar Farms (through an account or otherwise), you will remain anonymous to Cedar Farms A cookie can be either session based (assigned to you each time you sign in) or persistent (it identifies browsers that have previously visited www.cedarfarms.com. Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can disable your web browser’s ability to accept cookies; however, if you do so, certain Site, Product or Service features may not work.
- Web Beacon: A web beacon is an electronic image on a web page that recognizes certain types of information on your computer when you visit that particular web page.
- IP Address: an Internet Protocol Address is a numerical label that is assigned to each computer on the Internet.
- Referring website address: a referring website address identifies the address of the webpage you were on previously.
- Browser: A browser is a software application used for retrieving, presenting, and traversing information resources on the World Wide Web.
In addition, Cedar Farms may utilize third parties to track and analyze usage information, and in so doing may use third party cookies. Please see more detailed information below under “Third Parties” if you would like to know more about third party cookies.
- Voluntary Collection: Cedar Farms may collect certain information that personally identifies you (“PI”) or is protected personal information (“PPI”), such as your name, address, email address and/or billing information (collectively referred to herein as “personally identifiable information”), if you choose to share such information. For example, this information may be requested as part of account registration, the purchase of Products or Services, or some other information request. The decision to provide this information is optional; however, if you elect not to register or provide the requested information, you may not be able to access certain content, products, services or features or participate in certain areas of the Site.
- Publicly Posted: Information that you post on or through any public areas on the Sites (or elsewhere on the Internet) may be collected and used by anyone and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
The information we collect may be used to enable Cedar Farms to:
- Customize the content you see
- Fulfill your requests for Products and Services
- Contact and communicate with you
- Conduct research and analysis
- Provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients
- Provide you with additional information
WHEN DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
- We may share your personally identifiable information with third parties who facilitate communication on behalf of Cedar Farms for Cedar Farms’ marketing and promotional efforts and/or for other information dissemination on behalf of Cedar Farms
- We may sell, rent or share your personally identifiable information, provided we have received your prior permission, to third parties to send you marketing and promotional information not related to Cedar Farms that may be of interest to you.
- Your personally identifiable information may be transferred to third parties such as technical agents, payment processing vendors, consultants, advertising companies and among our affiliates for the performance of Cedar Farms services or making products available to you.
- As in any transaction, if you provide your credit card information to us for purchases, your credit card company will be provided with all relevant information about the vendor, items(s) purchased, cost and other information necessary to process the transaction.
- All companies working for and with us that Cedar Farms provides with your personally identifiable information are contractually required to protect your personally identifiable information and keep it confidential; they are not permitted to sell or otherwise disclose your information to third parties except as authorized by us and you or as permitted or required by law.
- In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation, we may transfer, sell or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including personally identifiable information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information if permitted by law or required to do so by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our customers or users of our Sites, Products or Services.
- From time to time, Cedar Farms might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities to perform certain services on behalf of Cedar Farms. For example, Cedar Farms might contract with service providers to provide credit card processing, data management, promotional services, web hosting, web development, etc. In such cases, Cedar Farms would provide the service providers with the information needed for them to perform their respective services. Service providers may use third party cookies.
- Cedar Farms may establish business relationships with third parties to track and analyze non-personally identifiable usage information from users who visit Cedar Farms’ Sites or utilize the Products or Services, or to track the performance of advertisements; such third parties may create reports on website traffic, statistics, advertisements, and “click-throughs” among others. These third parties may use third party cookies, web beacons and/or other monitoring technologies and may share information they gather with other third parties or use other third parties to collect information on their behalf.
- Advertisements appearing on the Sites or through Products and Services may be delivered to users by Cedar Farms or one of its advertising partners. Advertising partners may set third party cookies (or other technologies such as pixel tags), to compile information about where you or others who are using your computer saw their advertisements and analyze and optimize the performance of the ads.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Information that Cedar Farms collects from the Sites, Products and Services is stored on servers that Cedar Farms solely manages, using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Cedar Farms cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Sites, Products or Services and you do so at your own risk.
In addition, if you wish to exclude your personally identifiable information from our direct marketing or from being shared with, or rented or sold to a third party, or if you would like to update or delete your email address, mailing address or other personally identifiable information, or otherwise manage communications your receive from Cedar Farms, please contact us at email@example.com